An easy keto dinner recipe. This Shepherd’s Pie is low carb and so delicious. St. Patrick’s Day is coming up and this is the perfect meal to make to celebrate! The beef stew and the creamy cauliflower topping is the perfect combo. This recipe is full of flavor and and is very filling.
How to make Shepherd’s Pie!
Step 1: Making the ground beef layer. In this layer it has chopped carrots, onions and ground beef. Once you saute the vegetables together add in the ground beef. Once cooked then all you do is put it in the casserole dish and set a side.
Step 2: Making the creamy cauliflower mash for the top. Traditionally the top layer is a crust or mashed potatoes. To make this recipe low carb we have swapped it out for a cauliflower mash. I honestly think it is just as delicious. First you will want to boil the cauliflower and drain it once its done, then add it to a blender. Add in the seasonings, butter, cheese and heavy cream then blend until creamy.
Layer the cauliflower mash on top of the ground beef.
Step 3: Layer the cauliflower mash on top of the ground beef layer. Spread it evenly and place in the oven for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. the ground beef layer will boil and the top will get lightly brown.
Making keto casseroles is one of my favorite meals to make. They are very filling and are super easy to make. This keto diet recipe is going to be a family favorite! The kids are going to be a huge fan, even your non-keto friends will love this recipe. This meal is also perfect for meal prep. You can easily divide it and plan for your week of meals.
Easy Low Carb Casserole! That Tastes Amazing.
We have tons of recipes on the blog like this one or to go with this meal. I have listed a few of them below to give you ideas on what to make with it or another night of the week. All of our recipes are low carb and keto friendly.
- Buffalo Cauli Bites
- Keto Biscuits
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Mashed Cauliflower Buffalo Chicken
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Cheeseburger Casserole
Save this image to make this Shepherd’s Pie recipe later!
Add on MyFitnessPal | Search – Low Carb Cupboard Shepherd's Pie
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tbs Avocado Oil
- 3.7 oz (106g) Yellow Onion
- 1 small can Diced Tomatoes
- 3.5 oz (100g) Carrots
- 1/4 cup Bone Broth
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 medium Cauliflower Head
- 1 oz Butter
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the cauliflower head and remove the stem and leaves. Break apart into smaller pieces and add to a pot of water.
- Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Dice the carrots and onions. Put the oil in a skillet on med/high heart.
- Cook the vegetables until the carrots are soft on the inside. The add in the ground beef, parsley, thyme, salt, Worcestershire sauce and bone broth.
- Cook the beef for about 15 minutes or until done. Then add to a casserole dish and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done drain the water and add the cauliflower to a blender or food processor.
- Add the butter, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt and cheese and blend until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower mash on top of the beef layer and evenly spread with a spoon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The beef layer will boil and the cauliflower layer should start to brown.
- Optional: Turn the broiler on for about 5-10 minutes to get it more brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 plate
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13.6gUnsaturated Fat: 3.2gCholesterol: 99.8mgSodium: 224.5mgCarbohydrates: 7.9gNet Carbohydrates: 5.2gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 22.7g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard