Chocolate Banana Muffins
These Chocolate Banana Muffins are egg free, dairy free and have collagen. My son and I wanted to bake and find something sweet to enjoy since we are stuck at home. These muffins came out so amazing! We were very impressed with how fudgy and moist they were. Even though they have banana in them they are still keto and low carb. Baking with your kids can be fun and doesn’t have to be frustrating. I know it can be, but as long as you include them it can be so much fun.
Keto Friendly Banana Muffins Recipe
When you are making a recipe that has several servings it is a lot easier to fit in something that is higher carbs. A medium banana is around 24g of net carbs and if you make 12 servings then that’s only about 2g net carbs per serving. To make the carbs in this recipe even lower, I would recommend making more than 12 servings. Mini muffins would be fun!
The ooey gooeyness of these muffins are really to die for! This recipe is simple and easy to make. Once you make these muffins you are going to want them all of the time. Have you ever had those chocolate muffins from Sam’s Club? These remind me of those, but with a banana flavor. They. Are. So. Good. Honestly there is no reason why you wouldn’t want to make them. I made these and my son and I feel in love with them. I had my sister try them and she loved them, she isn’t keto either.
This recipe is probably the BEST dessert recipe on my site. However, I have a ton of delicious recipes on here as well. I am a huge chocolate fan and love anything chocolate, even the super dark chocolate bars! I have listed some of my favorite chocolate recipes below for you to try out and enjoy.
- Espresso Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Pudding
- Dairy Free Chocolate Truffles
- Avocado Brownies
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are your new favorite keto dessert!
Keto desserts are my favorite kind of recipes I like to make! You can get very creative when making a dessert recipe, but they also require pretty much the same ingredients in most recipes. My main staples in dessert recipes on the keto diet are almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and stevia. The almond and coconut flour replace the typical flour and the erythritol and stevia replace sugar. As such, of course there are many different ingredients you can add into a recipe. These are just the few that I use in almost all of my recipes. 3
Save this image to make this Chocolate Banana Muffins recipe later!
- 1 cup (112g) Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) Erythritol
- 1/4 cup (26g) Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 2 oz (56g) Coconut Oil*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 oz (141g) Peanut Butter
- 2 oz Dairy Free Whipping Cream*
- 1 whole (150g) Banana
- 1/4 tsp (30-50 drops) Liquid Stevia
- 1 tbs Water
- 3.2 oz (90g) Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl add the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and collagen and whisk together.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the coconut oil and peanut butter and melt in the microwave.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a separate mixing bowl and add in the melted ingredients then add the vanilla extract and stevia then mix well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and add the water and cream and mix together well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold in. Then line your muffin tin with liners or spray it with oil and add the mixture in the muffin tin evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes. One done let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! You can store them in a container on the counter or in the fridge.
*If you are not dairy free you can use butter instead of coconut oil and heavy cream instead of dairy free whipping cream.
The chocolate chips are not added into the nutritional facts. You will just need to add it in manually if you are tracking etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 18.9gSaturated Fat: 7.2gUnsaturated Fat: 4.2gSodium: 164.3mgCarbohydrates: 11.5gNet Carbohydrates: 6.7gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 7.2g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard