What comes to mind when you think of salads? Usually what comes to my mind is dieting. The great thing about keto is that you can pack those salads full of healthy fats. This Cobb Salad is not only full of healthy fats and protein, but also it is delicious! I have never really been a fan of salads but when a salad is packed full of bacon, chicken, boiled eggs and ranch, I can not complain.
Cobb Salad and healthy fats.
After living a ketogenic diet lifestyle I have found that some have a hard time consuming fat, or getting it into their diet. I struggled with this in the beginning and I can understand how it can be hard. I have done many diets and fat was always something I stayed away from. I wish I knew then, what I know now about fat. I am not a doctor and I would recommend doing your research. It took me awhile to get over it and learn all the things I could about the truth of fat. It is one of the main ingredients I focus on.
Adding fat to a salad makes it so much easier to get in your daily macros. Some of the fats in this salad is avocado, bacon, eggs, ranch, and you can add olive oil. Cobb salad is a fully loaded meal. There are so many ingredients you can add to it. You may notice one of the main ingredients of a Cobb salad is not in this recipe. That ingredient is blue cheese. I have never been a fan of blue cheese and that is okay. If you love blue cheese you can certainly add the ingredient in.
If you miss the crunchy croutons in salads then you are going to love Carrington Farms Crounons. The company was generous enough to send me some and I love them. If you are wanting that crunch in your salads I would recommend getting some. If you are interested in this product you can buy it here. This post was not paid for but the products were sent to me for free.
Eggs, bacon, chicken, avocado, ranch, all the things!
Salads can be appetizers or meals. This recipe can certainly be either or when it comes to preparing your meals. There may be a lot of ingredients but they are easy to prepare. Everything in this recipe just comes together in the end and you will not be disappointed.
Check out some other recipes we have on the blog!
Pin this image to save this Cobb Salad recipe for later!
- 4 cup Salad Mix
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 pieces of Bacon
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 whole Avocado
- 2 tbs Green Onions
- Optional Crounons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the chicken breast on a skillet until fully cooked.
- Put the bacon in the oven on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. cook for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Boil the eggs in a pot on medium/high heat until it starts to boil then turn the heat off and leave on the stove for 5 minutes then take the eggs out and add to an ice bath.
- Once the eggs are cool peel and slice the eggs.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove from the peel. Slice and and dice the avocado.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Dice the green onions.
- Crumble the bacon and slice the chicken breast.
- Get two bowls and add 2 cups of salad mix into each bowl. Add half of the chicken to each bowl, add one egg into each bowl. Add two pieces of crumbled bacon into each bowl. Add half of the diced avocado. cherry tomatoes, and green onion into each bowl.
- Top the salad with some ranch and olive oil (optional).
Net Carbs: 4.8 per serving
Add on MyFitnessPal | Search – Low Carb Cupboard Cobb Salad
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 24.1gSaturated Fat: 5.7gUnsaturated Fat: 13.4gCholesterol: 228.8mgSodium: 489.1mgCarbohydrates: 11.4gFiber: 6.6gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 30.3g