Flax crackers have definitely been one of our go to’s. We love a delicious bowl of guacamole and a side of flax crackers they have been a wonderful chip replacement. But if you miss a nice crunch with your favorite salsa, guac or cheese dip, any kind of dip then this recipe is perfect for you. So next time you are having a party or bringing a dish to an occasion try this and your guests will love it.
The process is so easy!
The process to make these is beyond easy. There are so many different things you can do with flax crackers. You can have them savory or sweet. This recipe is savory and with amazing flavor. We love Foods Alive brand of flax crackers and instead of spending $7+ on a bag you can make this quick and easy recipe and make several batches and have all the crackers!
If you want to make this recipe sweet instead of savory we suggest leaving out all of the seasonings and adding some stevia and cocoa powder, or stevia and cinnamon to the recipe. That sounds amazing with a delicious cream cheesecake dip to go along with it! Yum!
- 1 cup Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Salt (we use Trader Joes)
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Add the flax seeds, water and 1 tsp of all of the seasonings in a bowl.
- Mix together well and place in the fridge for about 12 hours or over night.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add in 1 tsp of the rest of the seasonings and mix together. Place parchment paper down on a baking sheet.
- Pour the mix onto the baking sheet. You can spread it out evenly and thin with a rubber spatula or you can place another piece of parchment paper down and press with your hands but make sure to leave the paper on to while baking.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 60 minutes. You want them to get crispy.
- Once done let sit for about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 5 chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 11gProtein: 5g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard