These cute and easy to make Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day. They are low carb and keto adorable little cookies. These cookies are soft and chewy and topped with a creamy white chocolate ganache. Your special someone will love these as a surprise on Valentine’s Day, or you can just make them for yourself!
How to make thumbprint cookie.
Its actually pretty simple to make thumbprint cookies. All you need to do is make the fudgy batter, then roll them into balls and put on a sheet pan. Once you have them laid out all you need to do now is, using your thumb press your thumb in the middle of the ball until slightly flat. Now all you have to do is make the white chocolate ganache and scoop some into the middle of the thumbprint.
Chocolate cookies and chocolate ganache, all in one? Can you say, YUM! These delicious cookies are also low carb and keto friendly. They may sound complicated to make but I promise you, they are so easy to make. If you are not a fan of white chocolate or you just don’t have any, you can easily use regular chocolate for this recipe.
There is nothing more special then something homemade to make your special someone! I have listed some other recipes that you can make for Valentine’s Day, that taste amazing! Not only can you make these for Valentine’s Day but you can make them anytime. All of these recipes are delicious and they are keto friendly.
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Covered Bacon
- Protein Energy Balls
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate on chocolate in these cookies!
I can honestly say that creating cookie recipes is one of my favorite things to do! There are so many ways to make cookies and they all taste amazing! The best part about making keto cookies is that you can enjoy them without the guilt or the sugar spike. We have several recipes on the blog and you can see them here.
Save this image to make this Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies recipe later!
- 1 cup (4oz /105g) Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup (1.3oz/37g) Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup (1oz/30g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbs Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/4 cup (1.4oz/38g) Erythritol, powdered
- 6 oz Butter, softened
- 15 drops Liquid Stevia
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl add the (dry ingredients) almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, baking powder, pink salt, and erythritol and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the (wet ingredients) butter, stevia, heavy cream, egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now time to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix them together well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat then using a cookie scoop and put a scoop into your hand then roll into a ball and place it on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Once you have all of the balls equally placed on the cookie sheet, use your thumb and press gently in the middle.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Once done let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking it's time to make the ganache. Warm the heavy cream in a sauce pan on the stove top or in the microwave in 30 second intervals until hot.
- Add in the chocolate chips to the hot heavy cream and stir until the chocolate is melted and its well combined. You can let it sit for awhile so it gets thicker, but once ready scoop some into the middle of the thumbprints. Eat and Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard