Gluhwein is the perfect holiday party drink! This is a German Spiced Wine with Brandy and I promise it is amazing! This recipe is served warm and is sure to be a hit at your holiday party this year, your guests will be asking you for the recipe!
The perfect holiday party wine!
Gluhwein is called, spiced wine also known as mulled wine.
Be careful with this drink! It will sneak up on you! Keeping this drink warm is best. Gluhwein has so much flavor and is the best way to enjoy your holidays this season or during the winter.
I am a huge fan of wine it is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I had never tried warm wine before but this is certainly amazing! We went on a wine tour not too long ago and we met some pretty amazing people and definitely some new friends. One of them told us about this amazing Gluhwein they make for their parties and I had to try making this keto! It came out amazing!
- 5 L Dry Red Wine, (Merlot, Zinfandel, Burgundy, etc.)
- 2 pints Brandy
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 12 whole Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 1 whole Orange, sliced
- 1 whole Lemon, sliced
- 40 drops Liquid Stevia
- You can use a slow cooker or the stove.
- If using a slow cooker add all ingredients and set to medium for a couple hours.
- If using the stove add the wine, erythritol, stevia and spices. Stir until dissolved.
- Add in the brandy. Remember to not let it boil!
- Keep heating for about 30 minutes.
- Add in the fruit and keep on low heat for about an hour.
- Serve hot and add some lemon and a cinnamon stick for garnish. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard