Do you love Instant Pot recipes? You are going to love this Instant Pot Pork Carnitas recipe! It is that time again for Thanksgiving recipes. Can you believe the Holidays are already here? Americas most foodie holiday is coming up and I want to make sure you are prepared. These Instant Pot pork carnitas are easy to make and your guests are going to love this dish for their Thanksgiving meal.
How to make pork carnitas?
You can make carnitas many different ways. In this recipe I walk you through making pork carnitas in the Instant Pot. You can also make them in a slow cooker as well. In this recipe we make 5lbs of pork and cook it in the Instant Pot for about 3 hours. If you would like to make them in the slow cooker I would suggest cooking for about 8 hours. The goal is for the pork to just fall apart.
These pork carnitas are crispy, juicy and full of flavor! They are great in a warm tortilla. You can make your own low carb tortillas or grab some from your local store. There are many options of low carb tortillas that taste great. You can also just eat them alone with some guacamole and sour cream.
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I have listed some of our Instant Pot recipes and Keto Thanksgiving recipes below for you to check out! You can absolutely make a Keto Thanksgiving menu for your guests and they won’t even notice its keto! Have a happy holidays!
- Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Tacos
- The Best Low Carb Gumbo
- Keto Chili With Beef Liver
- Green Chile Stew
- Savory Pumpkin Soup
- Keto Biscuits
- The Best Pumpkin Keto Pie
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker?
With the Instant pot growing very popular lately I am sure you are wondering which one is better. I personally really love the Instant Pot, because you can cook everything so much faster. It even has a setting to slow cook. Since getting my Instant Pot I have certainly USED it. I hardly ever used my slow cooker, but have made several things with the Instant Pot. Of course this is just my personal opinion and some might hate the Instant Pot, but I sure have found much need for it. This equipment also makes a great gift!
Save this image to make this Instant Pot Pork Carnitas recipe later!
- Mix all of the seasonings together in a little bowl.
- Cover the pork roast in the seasoning and set aside.
- Dice up the Onion, green onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the oil in to the Instant Pot. Place the roast into the Instant Pot with the fat side up. Add the onions and garlic on top and the sides.
- Close up the Instant Pot and set to Manual and the minutes to 180 minutes (3 hours). Once done let it sit for about 10 minutes then release the steam.
- Shred the pork and place on a cookie sheet. Add some of the juices on top.
- Put in the oven and turn on the broiler on high and cook for about 20 minutes or until the pork gets crispy. You can also cook on the stove top in a skillet and cook until crispy.
- Serve on some low carb tortillas with some parsley and limes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 6 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129 Total Fat: 5.2g Saturated Fat: 1.3g Unsaturated Fat: 1.8g Cholesterol: 26.2mg Sodium: 42.1mg Carbohydrates: 1.2g Net Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: .2g Sugar: .6g Protein: 10.9g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard