Carrot Cake Muffins
Easter is almost here and we have the perfect recipe for you! These keto Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect treat. You can definitely have sweets on the keto diet. There are many sugar and flour replacements out there. Once your body is fat adapted and you have cut out sugar. Recipes that are not as sweet as normal desserts become sweet to you. If you cut out sugar and then try a “normal” dessert months later, it will be too sweet!
How To Make Carrot Cake Muffins
It is pretty easy actually. First you will want to start off by taking the skin off the carrots, then shredding them with a grater. Then you will want to combine all of the dry ingredients like, almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol. In a separate bowl combine all of the wet ingredients like, eggs, butter, and carrots. Combine all of the ingredients together well. Preheat the oven and add cupcake cups to a muffin an and add the muffin mix evenly into the cups. Bake and let cool until their warm and not hot. Make the cream cheese frosting and pipe it on top! See the full ingredients and directions in the recipe card.
Easy and simple low carb muffin recipe. Carrot cake is the perfect recipe for Easter desserts. They are low carb and keto, which means you can still stick to you goals. Keeping your body strong and your gut healthy is a great way to prevent illness. Living a keto diet lifestyle is a great way to keep your body, brain and self at your full potential.
When it comes to the holidays there can be many temptations. However, I am here to provide you options. I have listed some of our other great keto dessert recipes below. You can certainly enjoy the holidays with delicious treats as well. You can see all of our dessert recipes here.
- Easter Cream Eggs
- Avocado Brownies
- Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- Coconut Cream Bars
- Chantilly Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Pound Cake
Keto Dessert Recipe
As mentioned above we have several keto dessert recipes. I love making new keto desserts. It challenges me and I will never post a recipe that doesn’t taste good. If you have any feedback on any of my recipes, don’t hesitate to leave a comment and let me know!
Save this image to make this Carrot Cake Muffins recipe later!
- 1 cup (112g) Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) Coconut Flour
- 1 cup (110g) shredded Carrots
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/3 cup (60g) Erythritol
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz Butter, softened
- 10-20 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1 tbs Water
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 2 tbs Erythritol, powdered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Remove the skin of the carrots using a potato peeler and then shred them using a grater. Place the shredded carrots in paper towels and pat them dry.
- Add the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, erythritol and baking powder into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla extract, butter, stevia and carrots and combine well.
- Combine the wet and dry bowls together and add the water. Once well combined add the mixture evenly to the muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, mix until the heavy cream becomes fluffy.
- Add in the cream cheese and erythritol and mix together and its combined and thick.
- Once the muffins are done let them cool for about 10 minutes. Add the frosting into a pipping bag and pipe on top of the muffins and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 15.2gSaturated Fat: 6.5gCholesterol: 24.2mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 2.6gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 5.3g