Easy and delicious keto Cauliflower Steaks recipe. I had never heard of crusted cauliflower before keto. The only time I ever ate cauliflower was with broccoli and ranch dip on those veggie trays. Who would have thought, I would love cauliflower and make it all the time. There are so many different ways to use cauliflower, and tons of recipes out there. This is a tasty crispy cauliflower recipe.
Low Carb Cauliflower Steaks!
This recipe may call for a few more steps, but I promise its worth it! The nice crunch and soft cauliflower is the perfect pair. I love fried foods, I mean who doesn’t? But these are a healthy alternative to fried food. When you are craving something fried or crunchy, you will definitely want to make these!
You can make these cauliflower steaks with anything. There are lots of different sides you can make to have with these. Some side dishes you can make are asparagus, broccoli, radishes, etc. The choice is yours when it comes to this meal. Cauliflower is easy to make and making steaks out of them is not hard. All you have to do is remove all of the leaves and cut the stem off. Slice from the top down and just slice from one side to the other side from top to bottom.
Like I was saying before, cauliflower is the best low carb vegetable. If you are a fan of cauliflower, then you will love this recipe. Even if you are not a fan I think you will still love this recipe. Here are some other delicious and easy cauliflower keto recipes.
Easy Keto Cauliflower Meal.
Have you ever used pork rinds to coat foods in? It is so easy and acts just like bread crumbs. Pork rinds are the perfect bread crumb replacement. They stick easily to foods and make the perfect breading for things like chicken strips and cauliflower. When you need bread crumbs to coat a food, I would recommend crushed pork rinds.
Save this image to make these Cauliflower Steaks recipe late!
Add on MyFitnessPal | Search - Low Carb Cupboard Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large Cauliflower Head
- 1 cup Pork Rinds crushed
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- Rinse the cauliflower head. Pull the leaves off and cut most of the stem off. You don't want to cut the whole stem off because the head will fall apart.
- Cut slices of the head from the top starting on the left side and cut down. Slice until you have 4 steaks.
- Add the eggs to a wide bowl and beat them together.
- Add the heavy cream to a separate wide bowl.
- Add the crushed pork rinds, salt, garlic and cumin into a wide bowl and mix together.
- Dip the a steak into the eggs, then heavy cream, then into the pork rinds. Make sure they are fully coated. Repeat with all of the steaks.
- Warm the coconut oil up in a skillet until about 300 degrees F.
- Fry each cauliflower steak individually. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or less. You just want it to be cooked until the middle is soft and the outside is crunchy.
- Serve and top with ranch or anything you would like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 steaks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 23.9gUnsaturated Fat: 4.2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 15.1gNet Carbohydrates: 9.1gFiber: 6gSugar: 5.5gProtein: 19.5g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard
Leave a Reply