Coconut Salmon Curry
Looking for a nutritious meal for dinner tonight? Check out this Toasted Coconut Salmon Curry recipe. With this meal we have a side kale salad, toasted coconut on top with some lemon and a side of curry. Not your average meal but so tasty and full of health benefits. If you are a fan of salmon you are going to love this meal.
I never use to like kale until recently. I love to saute it in some oil and top it with lemon or some type of dressing. I’ve always heard of the benefits of kale but I never use to like it. I have been trying to incorporate it more often, and what better way than with fish. What are the ways you like to make and eat kale? Let me know in the comments.
Salmon is full of health benefits.
Before I started a low carb, keto way of eating I was a pescetarian. I would mainly eat carbage but I would also eat a lot of fish. After 3 years of eating this way I started to get grossed out at the taste of fish. When I started eating meat again (thank god) I was able to incorporate fish again. My son absolutely loves fish and we try our best to eat it at least once a week. Another great dish we like to eat is tuna. A great sourced tuna we get is Wild Planet. My son will ask for this every day for his school lunch, and I love that he loves to eat this healthy whole food.
Whole Food is the answer to health.
I always see so much hate around the keto diet. The other day I saw an popular influencer just talking so much smack about keto. I’ll be honest I got heated about it but I just un-followed and looked the other way. The media puts a lot of bad talk on keto, but it’s not true. Keto is an amazing way to make your body healthy. There are so many benefits to this way of eating. Eat real whole foods and stop eating processed unhealthy food.
- 2 fillets Salmon
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 whole Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tbs Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 can Coconut Milk unsweetened (leave out the water from the can)
- Put the minced ginger and garlic in a skillet (we use cast iron) with the oil. Cook for about 5 minutes then add in the fish skin side down.
- cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat flip and cook for 5 minutes. Flip back on skin side and then cover with a lid and cook for about another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and add in all of the curry ingredients. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat. whisk occasionally.
- On the side toast the coconut flakes in a pan. When done remove and set aside.
- Add the oil and kale to a pan and cook until wilted.
- Place the fish on a plate put some kale on the side and on the other side pour some curry. Top with some coconut and lemon. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 8.5 per serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 plate
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 647Total Fat: 51.9gSaturated Fat: 32.6gUnsaturated Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 14.1gFiber: 5.6gSugar: 4.7gProtein: 21.6g
Have you made this recipe? Shared it on Instagram?
Tag us @lowcarbcupboard and #lowcarbcupboard